zaterdag 11 april 1970

Nashville Again

Capo on first fret

It's a (D) long way to Nashville but I've (A) seen that road before.                                        
Here's hopin' that she knows me when I (D) stand outside her (D7) door
But some (G) wind came up this (A) evening
All the (D) stars have gone (G) away
And there'll (A) be a storm before the dawn
But I can't turn back no (D) more

It's been a year since I seen her, it's been a year spent underground
I've told the wind a thousand times I didn't mean to let her down
With promises of seasons 
That long left the frozen trees
Now silent rumors tell she's done quite well 
With a new love she has found

If she's found herself a good deal, well then I guess I can't complain 
Just kiss her once for good luck, ask her what might be his name             
And we can talk some all the good times
And seek out her rainbow sign
But I have loved too long to be that strong,
And I hope it doesn't rain

It's a long way to Nashville but I've seen that road before.                                        
Here's hopin' that she knows me when I stand outside her door
But some wind came up this evening
All the stars have gone away
And there'll be a storm before the dawn
But I can't turn back no more

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten